The most vulnerable in our community may not have access to hygiene products, cleaning products, and additional food and water while the COVID-19 remains a threat to our community. Catholic Charities is committed to providing basic needs and strengthening the vulnerable as part of our Emergency Disaster Relief efforts to individuals and families, children and seniors, low-income residents and the homeless.
March 24, 2020: The images below contain the list of our operating programs. Highlighted material denotes change in status.
HOW CAN I GET HELP?
If you are in need of assistance during this crisis, please contact (210) 226-6178 to be screened to receive basic needs.
St. Stephen’s CARE Center, our food and clothes pantry, is located at 2127 S. Zarzamora St. San Antonio, TX 78207. Please make an appointment if possible, exceptions considered.
HOW CAN I HELP?
There are three ways you can care for the most vulnerable seniors and families in our community:
Donations – Non-perishable food items, bottled water, hand sanitizer, soap, anti-bacterial wipes, home sanitizing products, gallon storage bags, and new or gently used clothes are requested. All donations accepted at 202 W. French Place during normal business hours.
Volunteers – Please contact Eddie Rocha to sign up as a volunteer during this crisis.
Monetary Donation – If you prefer, you can also make a monetary donation from the comfort of your home to help stock our Food Pantry and support other critical services for the most vulnerable in our community. Click here to donate.
HOW ARE WE KEEPING YOU SAFE?
- At Catholic Charities, preventive measures are being taken to reduce the occurrence of COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus, in our community:
- We have installed hand sanitizer pumps throughout our different sites.
- We are also practicing social distancing throughout all our programs.
- We are using technology to deliver program information. Follow us on Facebook (@CatholicCharitiesSA), Instagram (@catholiccharitiessanantonio), Twitter (@cathcharitiessa).
- Guadalupe Community Center and St. Stephen’s CARE Center remain open during normal business hours to provide food, clothing, and other self-sufficiency services to those who need us most.
- The Mobile Relief Unit will also be operating to provide necessary items to clients who may not be able to walk through our doors. For more information call (210) 226-6178.
If you would like to receive updates from us regarding programs and other changes happening day-to-day, please fill out the form below.
For additional questions or information, contact Tara Ford at [email protected]