You can make a difference!
Join thousands of volunteers from around the city who are serving with us to strengthen the most vulnerable.
Anyone interested in volunteering must follow the steps below. Please allow ten business days for processing your volunteer application.
STEP ONE: Visit Virtus to start your Criminal Background Check and provide access to the three required online trainings.
1. Create an account by selecting First-time Registrant.
2. When prompted to select your Archdiocese/Diocese/Religious Organization
–>Select San Antonio, TX (Archdiocese).
3. Indicate if you have registered on Virtus before.
–>If yes, you will be redirected to reset your password.
–>If no, please move to step #4.
4. Create a Username and Password.
5. Complete requested information located on your identification card.
6. Select Catholic Charities – Archdiocese of San Antonio.
7. Select Volunteer
8. Select Yes when asked if you will be working with Minors
9. Select Yes when asked if you’ll be interacting with Vulnerable Adults
10. Complete the following training modules:
-Protecting God’s Children Online Maltreatment Awareness Session
-Sexual Harassment Online Training Module 1.0
-Vulnerable Adults Training Module
STEP TWO: Once your criminal background check and online trainings are complete, you will be provided access to our volunteer portal on GivePulse where you will will need complete our volunteer application process.
1. Create a Username and Password (if you already have a login, you can skip to step 2).
2. Go to Dashboard.
3. Select Browse Now.
4. Click on Groups (top, right-hand side).
5. On the search bar, select Catholic Charities of San Antonio using the 78207 zip code.
6. Select the program you are interested in volunteering with.
7. Select Become a Member of the selected group (in step 6).
8. Complete the volunteer application.
9. Click Submit when done.
When all the above steps have been completed, please contact our volunteer department at 210-983-0813 or by Email!